The ESIA study entailed detailed descriptions of the project and environment; legislative and regulatory conditions; formulation of the potential impacts of the proposed project activities; the development of an analysis of alternatives; formulation of an environmental and social management plan to help mitigate or ameliorate negative impacts; and a community development action plan. We also carried out a public disclosure and consultation process. The approach and methodology we used included:
- Desk Studies and Document Review.
- Description of the Project.
- Environmental and Socio-Economic Baseline Surveys.
- Public Consultation, Disclosure and Participation (PCDP).
- Identification, Prediction, Evaluation, and Assessment of Impacts.
- Mitigation of Impacts
- Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP)
- Community Development Action Plan (CDAP)