Management Information System (MIS)/Geographic Information System (GIS) Specialist - UNOPS
- Provided technical expertise, training and support in the planning, analysis, design, implementation and maintenance of Management Information Systems (MIS), Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Information & Communication Technology (ICT) systems to the UNOPS Liberia Ebola Emergency Response Project (EERP) and the Liberia Ministry of Health (MoH).
- Provided MIS, GIS and ICT technical expertise, training and support services to the Liberia MoH in the development and implementation of the Liberia Health Information Systems (HIS) and other pertinent HIS subsystems/components (e.g., HMIS, LMIS, LIS, iHRIS, CBIS, etc), including the use of desktop, mobile, server and Web-based GIS; mobile data collection; database management systems; and related integrated and interoperable technologies.
- Promoted a collaborative client-oriented approach and collaborated closely with information counterparts from other UN agencies and programmes, non-governmental organisations; and Government of Liberia ministries, departments and agencies (MDA) to ensure that all relevant MIS/GIS data and information are used and shared in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
- Developed Web-based applications and databases for the EERP and Liberia MoH, including collecting, synthesizing, and analysing information pertaining to the EERP and response efforts (http://www.unops-eerp-liberia.website)
- Contributed to the development and growth of profitable new businesses; developed and maintained effective key customer relationships as well as ensured business growth through conceptualising and managing business development activities.
Information Management Officer (Head) - UNMEER
- Working under the direction of the Chief Information Management Officer and in accordance with the Ebola Crisis Manager's agreed work plan, supported the implementation of UNMEER's strategic plan for emergency operations information management in Liberia to ensure optimum sharing of data and information and harmonisation of data/information and rationalisation of tasks across information product providers, UN organisations, Governments, Donors, NGOs, academia and relevant EVD stakeholders.
- Provided technical support and advisory services on data and information management practices and strengthened monitoring and reporting systems (mobile data collection, integration of geo-databases, Web mapping applications, dashboards, and infographics, e.g.,); supported the collection, update and mapping of 3W/4W data and information; documented workflows and application specifications; provided GIS support and managed map requests; and created various mobile and Web-based information products for decision-makers and public use. See http://www.umneer-im-liberia.website.
- Collected and organized base mapping data and information (including socio-demographic, transportation, hydrology, administrative and other boundaries) and thematic data related to the Ebola response emergency, in collaboration with the Liberia Institute of Statistics and Geo-information Services (LISGIS); Government of Liberia Ministries, Departments and Agencies; and partners.
- Supervised and managed 10 United Nations Volunteers (UNVs) to supported IM and GIS needs of office and field staff, especially in Web, mobile, desktop and server software applications; geospatial databases and cloud-based technologies.