The objectives of the study were as follows:
- To assess the potential positive and negative impacts of the planned Yiben-Bumbuna HEP Complex on society and the environment;
- To recommend mitigation measures to avoid or mitigate negative impacts and enhance benefits;
- To recommend an environmental management plan that integrates mitigation measures into project management;
- To recommend environmental monitoring and community development action plan as part of the management plan;
- To develop relevant plans for the successful implementation of the project and these are (i) Waste Management Plan (WMP) (ii) Community Development Action Plan (CDAP) (iii) Emergency Preparedness Plan (EPP) (iv) Flood Protection Plan (FPP) and (v) Resettlement Policy Framework (RPF); and
To conduct public disclosure and consultation meetings on the findings and recommendations of the EIA study.